Looking for something to feed your ghosts and goblins this Halloween before they head out the door trick or treating? This recipe packs a protein punch you’re kids will love.
2 slices bread
2 tablespoons peanut butter
1 banana (or fruit of choice) sliced thinly
1 pat butter
2 tablespoons jelly (optional)
1. Heat pan or griddle on medium heat.
2. Spread peanut butter on one side of each slice of bread.
If using jelly, be sure to mix the peanut butter and jelly together before spreading the combination on the slices of bread.
3. Butter outer side of each slice of bread.
4. Place fruit in a single layer on top of peanut butter on one slice of bread. Place second slice of bread, peanut butter side down, on top of fruit. The peanut butter should always be on the inside of the sandwich. Press firmly together.
5. Place assembled sandwich on ungreased pan or griddle, and fry until both sides are golden brown; about 2 minutes per side.
Recipe provided by:
Established in 1980, Southern Peanut Growers is a non-profit trade association representing peanut farmers in Georgia, Alabama, Florida and Mississippi. The organization educates American consumers about the U.S. peanut industry and its products.